EDOUARD FRANKLIN is a recruitment agency specialised in the Wealth Management and Asset Management sectors, with offices in Luxembourg, Paris and Geneva.
Our client :
Our client is a prestigious authorized AIFM with a focus on private equity and private debt in Europe and in USA.
Your role :
Compliance and Legal Co-Sec functions
• Compliance Officer, Money-Laundering Reporting Officer and Complaints Handling Officer
• Manage the internal and group policy framework, manuals and procedures, including annual and periodic amendments in response to CSSF policy/consultation documents and other regulatory developments
• Assess how new legislation and rules specified by the CSSF or any European authority might impact practices/ procedures of the AIFM or the group more broadly and make new rule implementation, adjustments or recommendations as necessary
• Providing the Board with regulatory change and impact assessments
• Manage annual and periodic staff training on AML and Compliance topics and in response to regulatory developments
• Manage, deploy and update the Compliance Monitoring Programme, including the results of controls, identified areas of risk, and improvement/risk mitigation plans and reporting to senior management
• Undertake and/or oversight of CSSF reporting and filings and general liaising with the CSSF on compliance and AML and CTF topics
• Liaise with AML teams and service providers relating to on-boarding investors
• Manage GDPR framework, including quarterly review of register and reporting to senior management.
• Compliance monitoring in relation to transactions
• Manage operational due diligence reviews of all transactions
• Manage the compliance and legal workflows associated with the launch of new products, in coordination with Group legal team and external advisers
• Ensure all AML record keeping, PEP and high-risk logs are maintained, monitor transfer agent activities, conduct preliminary and on-going AML Risk Assessment on all investments and maintain and revisit customer due diligence files
• Regulatory reporting: MLRO, AML Annual Risk Assessment & Compliance Reports for both Italian Branch and Luxembourg main office
• Monitoring of the Italian branch activities
• Point of contact for internal auditors to collate and prepare documents as required, and external auditors (to the extent of any non-financial matters, e.g. corporate info, regulatory capital requirements etc.)
• Manage corporate calendars, adherence to reporting deadlines and due completion of minutes of all corporate entities
• Manage legal co-sec activities, including changes to constitutional documents, fund launches, LP transfers, singing new investments, maintenance of minutes, filing and domiciliation activities, etc.
• Strategic thinking about regulatory developments in Luxembourg and in Europe and assessment of impact/planning for implementation
• Manage ESG due diligence on new investments and reporting
• Support the development of new ESG related initiatives.
• Assist the Risk Management Officer with investment restriction assessments and review of RM quarterly scorecards
• Monitor and oversee delegates and service providers, including quarterly assessments, risk exposure, conduct due diligences and on-site inspections and identify and manage improvement projects
• Assist with drafting and update of the RM Policy, the Risk Management Procedure and other documents as required in compliance with AIFMD and generally regulatory requirements
• Reviewing fund constitutional documents, OMs and other materials for risk management purposes
• Draft / review regular quarterly Risk Reports, including semi-annual operational risk assessments
• Manage CSSF filings and assist with CSSF communications on Risk Management topics
Your technical skills :
· Strong academic background with a degree in law or compliance, providing solid knowledge of compliance, AML and AIFMD; previous risk management experience is a plus
· Relevant previous work experience, ideally in Luxembourg with an AIFM or a law firm
· Language skills required: English fluency is a must, German fluency is desirable, French would be a plus
Your personal skills:
· The candidate should be confident, possess strong ethics, and be a self-starter with the ability to operate also as a true team player in a dynamic environment
· Must be able to demonstrate very strong communication skills and good judgment showing responsible decision making
· Computer literate with sound Word and Power Point skills